zoya nail polish matte

I was searching for an attractive matte nail polish (which would be AT LEAST 3 free) until I found this gorgeous Zoya Savita Matte Velvet Nail Lacquer totally by accident. I instantly fell in love with it! For those who haven’t heard about Zoya –it’s vegan, 5-free, and cruelty-free nail polish brand with products free of toxins, like toluene, formaldehyde DBP, dibutyl phthalate, and camphor.

Zoya Savita Matte Velvet is amethyst purple matte shimmer nail polish. Its consistency is not too thick and not too runny (somewhere in the middle), which helps with a smooth and easy application. Zoya recommends giving 10 minutes for a formula to dry into matt, but in reality, it takes only a few minutes or so. I would say that 2 coats are required with this polish because it just looks too messy after 1 coat.

I’ve tried a few other non-matte Zoya Nail Lacquers before and was very pleased with how long they’ve lasted, but Savita seems to be another story. Sad to say, but it was almost impossible to keep it on my nails for longer than a day (it starts to chip on the same day if you have any contact with water). The problem is that you can’t even use any ordinary bottom or top coat, except the one created specifically for matte polishes, because it would turn matte finish to glossy.

The Beauty Of Life: #manimonday: Zoya Mattevelvet Nail Polish In Veruschka

So overall, the shade is stunning, and it’s perfect for a party or any other short event, but if you want longevity, this is not a nail polish for you.

Hi there! My name is Inga, and I'm the creator of this blog, Organic Beauty Blogger. I have been blogging about green beauty for about eight years now, and still, it is one of the topics that I'm most passionate about. I hope you will find value in reading this blog. If you have any questions or just want to chat, drop me a line.Okay, WOW. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to love the Zoya MatteVelvet Collection just as much as I do. I typically am not a fan of matte nail polishes, but this collection? STUNNING. I started playing around with all of the colors last night and was immediately blown away. It was honestly very difficult to settle on one color to use for my manicure today, but I finally went with Zoya Matte Velvet nail polish in Veruschka.

And, oh, am I glad I did. Just. Look. At. That. Green. It's described by Zoya as "a deep evergreen garnished with strong metallic shimmer in a velvety MATTEVELVET finish." Yep, pretty spot on. One coat actually already yielded the richness and depth, but I went for two to give it a little more staying power. Zoya recommends that you don't use base coat with these, and I obviously didn't use a top coat either so the matte finish would stay as is -- so how well it lasts remains to be seen, but as of now it's perfect!

Check Out Zoya's New Invention: Matte Glitter Nail Polish (so Cool!)

It really is a wonder to me that Zoya somehow creates a matte yet velvety texture all at the same time. The velvety look is somehow baked right into the polish, and even though it dries down matte (and it actually dries to the matte finish SUPER quickly -- within two minutes!), it doesn't have the same look as most matte polishes. I think a lot of matte polishes just end up looking dull, which is probably why I don't like them very much. This one? Not dull in the LEAST.

You can see why it was hard for me to pick just ONE to put on my nails today! I really can't wait to give myself manicures with every color in this collection. They're definitely all going into my permanent stash.

Zoya MatteVelvet nail polish in Veruschka retails for $9 at zoya.com. You can also purchase the sampler of all six shades in the collection for $54 here.

Best Blue Polish For Summer 2021 • Zoya

0 comments

Post a Comment